Menu
If briks could talk ...

The buildings and their stories

Eleven decades of history

THIS WAS HAESEVELD.

The Haeseveld site has already had a long history. Nowadays, we're a brewery, event location and beerhouse. Before, there used to be one of the largest and most modern florists in the Ghent area at the time.

In 1910, August Toeffaert built a thriving horticultural company on the then three municipalities of Sint-Amandsberg, Oostakker and Destelbergen.The company focused on growing all kinds of plants with the main purpose of exporting all over the world.

On the north side of the packing hall there was even a side track of the NMBS so the railway wagons could be loaded directly from the depot.

Gasthof Haeseveld.

In 1981, the De Gusseme family acquired the ownership of the site and transformed the green oasis into "Gasthof Haeseveld". The name was taken from the countless hares that Illiana De Gusseme saw skipping past her villa every morning.

THIS IS HAESEVELD.

The villa, the large depot or packing hall, the water tower and the boiler room have been restored to their honor with respect for tradition and are thus the epitome of the industrial archaeological past of horticulture in Ghent. Haeseveld has been restored with an eye for detail and exudes robustness and elegance.

In the coming years, Haeseveld will be more than ever a bustling meeting place in the outskirts of Ghent with a catering business, a micro-brewery, a event hall, a playground and a beautiful terrace in the green.
Construction photos